Monday, November 9, 2009

One's Just a Tease When You Know There's More In Store

this one's luckily a healthy addiction...




My friend Zach and I have been listening to the Rolling Stones album Out of Our Heads a lot lately-a lifesaver after moving to Montreal-(synonym: YOU ARE UNWELCOME UNLESS FRENCH). Anyway, Out of Our Heads is my favorite Stones album right now. I love this time in the band's history...avec Brian Jones, and avant feeling inclined to hold them responsible for their sleeze and cheese. (Not that I'm not a fan of later Stones, because I am). But 60's Stones is more musically pure in a way...it's badass, it's seeds come straight from their (and my) American roots music heroes, and it sticks around with you...out in the cold rain, down underneath in the subway, all through your work day...you won't even be mad when it keeps you dancing away from sleep at night.

Download it Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment